Sunday, January 4, 2009

HEED NEW EAR TO NEW YEAR

It is not the NEW YEAR that makes the difference; rather it is the NEW CREATION that makes the difference.


Another Christmas is gone. For many it is time to pack Jesus along with the stars, stockings and Christmas Tree. And then, another year …a new year without Jesus. How pity!


No new year is really a New year because every new year falls in continuity with the old year. Therefore, it is foolishness to forget all the follies that we had done during the past one year. All that we can do is to remember them, laugh at them and try not to repeat them.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Viji achen,

Nandri for your thoughts about Epiphany, and the thought that with Christ's baptism, we are reminded that we all are God's beloved, participating in God's creative and redemptive work of and for the world.

How do you say Praise be to God in Tamil? Thothirum?

I will never forget you coming to the Central Station in Chennai and greeting me there. A friendly face among the thousands of strangers, all coming to Chennai to celebrate Dewaili.

I loved my time in Chennai. Sunday I will show slides of some of the temples Sharon took me to. I will tell the story of the MBKG Pannai Family Village Farm, just north of Katpadi, Vellore.

Blessings to you and the people of Holy Trinity, CSI.
Grace and peace,
Rev. Peter A.Luckey
Lawrence, Kansas, USA