Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DISFIGURED CHRISTmas!!!

Maybe, you don’t know me tight,

But I am sure you know my name quite right.

With Yuletide round the corner,

You go and search all corners –

Food and fun, ham and bun;

Caroling, feasting all the way,

And then, my name you blame.

You make trips to pricy spots,

You take sips from frothy pots,

You go berserk, my creations you hack;

I gave you light, you burn all night,

And then, my name you blame.

It’s harvest for sellers,

They flock at the tellers

For a fortune they make, all in my name.

Movies and soaps take life off your lives

You lull on your couch,

And then, my name you blame.

Thee, my flock, you await my day

To lend your hand; it’s charity, you say;

But, lo! what makes you vary

From that good ol’ Pharisee?

Set apart is a day, it's my Birthday you say!

Did ever you know, it's not the right day?

At my house you gather, else you don't bother

Oh! two more days, Good Friday and Easter.

In case my name you still haven't figured,

I am the One whom you disfigured

The One, who...

Many call Christ...

Some call Messiah...

My name is, Jesus!

But only a few…a very few who really know me as Immanuel...

No comments: